Top 5 Foodie Spots in Galway
All on our doorstep
Galway City is known for its vibrant food scene, offering a variety of culinary experiences and all on the doorstep of The House Hotel in Galway. Please note that the status of restaurants and food spots can change over time, so we recommend checking more recent sources for the latest information. However, here are some popular foodie spots that were well-regarded as of August 2023:
- Ard Bia at Nimmo’s :located about a 3 minute walk from The House Hotel at The Spanish Arch, The Long Walk. A charming restaurant offering a mix of Irish and international cuisine, known for its cozy atmosphere and locally sourced ingredients. Loved by Locals, busy spot, so we recommend booking in advance or arriving early.
- Kai : Located across the bridge at 22 Sea Rd, only a 5 minute walk from The House Hotel. Kai Restaurant is nestled between the church and a gay bar down on Sea Road in Galway’s Westend. This rustic Michelin Star restaurant focuses on using fresh, local ingredients to create a unique and changing menu that celebrates Irish flavors.
- McDonagh’s : Located on the bottom of Quay Street, only a 2 minute walk from The House Hotel, a traditional fish and chips establishment that’s been serving locals and tourists alike for generations and a popular celeb spot
- Dough Bros : Experience with Neapolitan style dough and wood fired ovens preferable. Location is only a 4 minute walk from The House Hotel at the Cathedral Buildings, 1 Middle St, Galway. Named in the top 100 pizza places in the world, not to be missed.
- Cava Bodega : located on cross street only a 2 minute walk from The House Hotel, this popular tapas restaurant serving a variety of small plates inspired by Spanish cuisine, using local Irish ingredients from celebrity chef JP McMahon
It’s always a good idea to check the latest reviews and recommendations before planning your culinary adventures in Galway City.